KURODA Chiharu／HARRISON Richard “Introductory Seminar for Promoting Global Leadership”
|1. Class Subject||Introductory Seminar for Promoting Global Leadership|
|2. Class Title Etc.||Introductory Seminar for Promoting Global Leadership|
|3. Number of Credits||2|
|4. Eligible Years||undergraduate, all year|
|5. Instructor||KURODA Chiharu／HARRISON Richard|
|6. Term/Day/Period||Fall（2nd semester）/Thu/17:00-18:30|
|7. Language||Japanese/ English|
|8. Class Outline, Objectives||This class is aimed at developing leadership and intercultural competency needed for working with other people from different backgrounds, through planning, preparing and implementing the 29th Kobe University International Students' Symposium with home and international students. This is a bilingual class using Japanese and English. This class will be conducted in a high-flex format with face-to-face for Kobe University students and remote real-time using Zoom for ICL students.|
|9. Class Schedule||This course will be conducted in a high-flex format with face-to-face for Kobe University students and real-time remote using Zoom for ICL students.
The tentative class schedule is below. This schedule may change after the class starts, in which case we will inform through emails and LMS.
1. (10/5) Introduction and explanation of the competencies and related theories that the course is designed to develop.
2. (10/12)Explanation of the form of KISS 29, discussion of the main theme and subtopics for KISS 29
3. (10/19) Discussion of the main theme and subtopics
4. (10/26) Decide on the KISS 29 main theme and subtopics, as well as leaders, sub-leaders, and groups
5. (11/2) Group work: collecting and creating materials for the subtopics
6. (11/9) Group work: collect and create materials for the subtopics
7. (11/16) Progress report
8. (11/30) Group work: collecting and creating materials for the subtopics
9. (12/7) Group work: collecting and creating materials for the subtopics
10. (12/14) Final check and preparation of the symposium, main meeting, and exchange activities
11-12. (12/16-17) KISS29 Symposium (2 days, 1-night stay at the Hotel Lodge Maishima) this counts as two classes
13. (12/21) Reflection on the symposium, preparations for the final group presentation, and start of writing the KISS report (J-E)
14. (1/11) Preparations for the final group presentation, compose the KISS report (J-E)
15. (1/18) Final group presentation
※（2/1)Submission of final individual report
※（2/8)Submission of group report and portfolios
|10. Evaluation/Assignments||1. Participation in classes and the symposium
(including feedback reports after each class) （35%)
2.Participation in groupwork in class（Self/Peer evaluation） (10%)
3. Group report and portfolio (presentation materials and summary of presentations）(20%)
4. Final group presentation (J・E) (15%)
5. Final individual report(20%)
※ Attendance above 90% is stipulated.
|11. Textbooks||Reading materials will be uploaded to LMS as needed, for students to read beforehand. (The materials will be decided through discussion in class)|
|12. Out of Class Study||For preparation and revision work for this class, it is necessary to collect and read materials and papers for the symposium theme, and prepare presentation materials and a summary of the symposium.
It is also necessary to work in groups on activities to create report themes and materials at the symposium. You will submit feedback on LMS after each class, reflecting on the comments and communication styles used by yourself and others in class.
|13. Notes on Enrolling||Attendance above 90% is stipulated.|
|14. Syllabus URL||Introductory Seminar for Promoting Global Leadership|
|15. ICL Enrollment Limit||No more than 10 students|
|16. Language Requirements||The ratio of using Japanese and English will be 1:1. Language accuracy and fluency will not be evaluated in this class, and lecturers and students will help each other to improve communication proficiency in Japanese and English. Students should communicate actively with the lecturers and other students.|
|17. Frequency of Intercultural Collaborative Learning Activities||90%|
|18. Other (Notes for ICL Enrollees)||・Please attend the online guidance for ICL students which will be held on Thursday, September 28, 17:00-17:30.
・Students are required to attend the symposium scheduled for 12/16 (Sat.) - 12/17 (Sun.). For those who are able to attend the symposium on-site at a hotel in Osaka, Kobe University will cover the cost of lodging and meals (two meals) for one night and two days. Students are responsible for their own transportation expenses. For students who are unable to attend the on-site symposium, arrangements will be made for online participation.